IELTS Indicator is a new online test that you can take from the comfort of your home, to help you continue your education journey during the Covid-19 situation. The test is available once a week and covers all four skills; Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking. The test uses live test questions and is marked by IELTS examiners. You will get an indicative score for each section and an overall band score within seven days of taking your test. It is important to note that the IELTS Indicator is not a substitute for the in-person IELTS test. A test taker may still need to take an in-person IELTS test at a test center once testing resumes to meet the requirements of their university or education provider.
Benefits of IELTS Indicator
For test takers
- IELTS Indicator test will give you an opportunity to measure your ability in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking.
- IELTS Indicator can be completed at home, online while IELTS testing has been suspended in some locations.
- Universities and educational institutions can use IELTS Indicator for application purposes.
- IELTS Indicator is an official IELTS product you can trust.
For universities and education providers
- It is a great way to gauge the English Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking levels of your prospective students.
- The IELTS Indicator test uses official IELTS test questions and is marked using IELTS test criteria by qualified IELTS examiners.
- It is available in countries where IELTS testing has been suspended due to Covid-19.
How does it work?
You can take the IELTS Indicator on any suitable desktop computer or laptop with reliable internet access.
You will need to complete the Listening, Reading, and Writing in one sitting. The Speaking test will take place either a few days before or after the Listening, Reading, and Writing test.
What you’ll need to take your test:
- a quiet and comfortable space
- a laptop or desktop computer (Mac or PC only – you cannot take IELTS Indicator on mobile)
- a computer that meets the minimum and recommended system requirements
- a reliable internet connection
- the ability to download and install a Safe Exam Browser (SEB)
- wired or wireless headphones (for good sound quality during your Listening test)
- a working web camera
- Zoom application downloaded on your laptop.
Prepare for IELTS indicator:
If you want to take online classes for IELTS indicator then Canadian School of IELTS is your solution to it. Join our Online IELTS indicator coaching now and be a step ahead from the rest of the world.
During this Online IELTS indicator preparation course you will gain sufficient knowledge in Reading, Listening, Writing and Speaking to crack the exam and live your dream of studying abroad.
IELTS indicator test pattern:
The test pattern remains in line with the original IELTS test format. Below are some points you need to keep in mind:
- The time window for the test will be strictly controlled, so each section will be time-bound. You need to complete the test in one sitting, so be sure you have availability for the full duration of the Listening, Reading and Writing sections – approximately 2 hours 45 minutes. You cannot pause the test and come back later. Your Speaking test will be conducted separately.
- It will include one test for each section: Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking.
- You will receive your results within seven days of completing all sections of the test.
- You will receive an indicative score for each section along with an overall indicative score. Indicative scores will help you know how you performed and where you need to improve.
As IELTS Indicator provides an indicative score only, it is not accepted by all organizations. Before you book, be sure to check with your university or educational institution. Please check with your university if they accept it.